Speeches -- 2000
- "Antitrust Economics: Three Cheers and Two Challenges"
Thomas B. Leary,November 15, 2000
- "Antitrust Issues in Settlement of Pharmaceutical Patent Disputes"
Thomas B. Leary, before Sixth Annual Health Care Antitrust Forum, Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, November 3, 2000
Sheila F. Anthony, before The First National HIPPA Summit, Grand Hyatt Hotel, Washington, D.C., October 15-17, 2000
- "EU and U.S. Approaches to International Mergers--Views from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission"
Robert Pitofsky, remarks before EC Merger Control 10th Anniversary Conference, The European Commission Directorate General for Competition, International Bar Association, Metropole Hotel, Brussels, Belgium, 14-15 September 2000
- "Government and the Tech World: Friends or Foes?"
Orson Swindle, prepared remarks before the Federalist Society, North Carolina Research Triangle Chapter, Raleigh, North Carolina, August 31, 2000
- "Antitrust in the Emerging B2B Marketplace"
Orson Swindle, remarks before Forum for Trust in Online Trade, Princeton Club, New York City, July 19, 2000
- "Balancing the New Powers and Interests of Consumers and Business in Cyberspace Commerce"
Robert Pitofsky, remarks before American Bar Association 2000 Annual Meeting Plenary Session on Cyberspace Jurisdiction, London, July 17, 2000
- "Use Your Time Wisely: Do's and Don't's for Effective Advocacy Before the Federal Trade Commission"
Sheila F. Anthony, speech before the ABA Section of Antitrust Law's 2000 Annual Meeting, New York, NY, July 11, 2000 (as published in the ANTITRUST REPORT 2000)
- "Distribution Law Developments At The Federal Trade Commission"
Thomas B. Leary, before Distribution and Dealer Termination, 21st Anniversary Seminar, Law Journal Seminars, New York, New York, June 26, 2000
- "E-Commerce: The Future of Banking and Financial Services"
Orson Swindle, remarks before Financial Services Meets E-Commerce: What the Future Holds, The Federalist Society Financial Services and E-Commerce Practice Group and Suffolk University Law School, Friday, June 16, 2000
- "Riddles and Lessons from the Prescription Drug Wars: Antitrust Implications of Certain Types of Agreements Involving Intellectual Property"
Sheila F. Anthony, remarks presented before the Attendee of The ABA "Antitrust and Intellectual Property: The Crossroads" Program, San Francisco, California, June 1, 2000
- "Vertical Issues : The Federal View"
Sheila F. Anthony, remarks before The American Law Institute-American Bar Association (ALI-ABA), Product Distribution And Marketing Meeting, Scottsdale, Arizona, March 9, 2000
- "Challenges of the New Economy: Issues at the Intersection of Antitrust and Intellectual Property"
Robert Pitofsky, remarks before American Antitrust Institute, Conference: An Agenda for Antitrust in the 21st Century, National Press Club, Washington, D.C., June 15, 2000
- "Antitrust and Intellectual Property Law: From Adversaries to Partners"
Sheila F. Anthony, as published in AIPLA Quarterly Journal, Winter 2000
- "The Status of Online Privacy"
Orson Swindle, before Computer & Communications Industry Association, June 5, 2000
- "The Evolving Approach to Merger Remedies"
Richard G. Parker & David A. Balto, as published in Antitrust Report (May 2000)
- "Online Privacy Protection Testimony"
Sheila F. Anthony, before the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, May 25, 2000
Orson Swindle, at the 36th Annual Symposium on Associations and Antitrust "Trade Assocications and Antitrust: New Issues and Challenges in the New Millennium,", presented by the Trade Association and Antitrust Law Committee of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia, Four Seasons Hotel, Washington, D.C., May 17, 2000
- "Should Policymakers Apply a Depression-Era Tax System to the Economy of the 21st Century?"
Orson Swindle, Remarks at the Policy Perspectives on the Taxation of Cyberspace Conference on E-Commerce:The Law of E-Business, Denver, CO, May 12, 2000
- "Advertising And Unfair Competition"
Sheila F. Anthony, remarks before The American Law Institute-American Bar Association (ALI-ABA) Product Distribution And Marketing Meeting, Scottsdale, Arizona, March 10, 2000
- "The Two Faces of Electronic Commerce"
Thomas B. Leary, April 28, 2000
- "Cross-Border Canada/U.S. Cooperation in Investigations and Enforcement Actions"
Debra A. Valentine, before Canada/United States Law Institute Case Western Reserve University School of Law, April 15, 2000
- "Report from the Bureau of Competition"
Richard G. Parker, before the American Bar Association Spring Meeting 2000, Federal Trade Commission Committee, Washington, D.C., April 7, 2000
- "Freedom as the Core Value of Antitrust in the New Millennium"
Thomas B. Leary, before ABA Antitrust Section 48th Annual Spring Meeting, Chair's Showcase Program, Antitrust at the Millennium: Looking Back and Moving Forward, Washington, D.C., April 6, 2000
- "Merger Enforcement: Multijurisdictional Review and Restructuring Remedies"
Debra A. Valentine,before International Bar Association, Legal Challenges for Latin Americans in the New Millenium Third Regional Conference Santiago, Chile, March 24, 2000
Sheila F. Anthony, before The Columbia University International Journalists Seminar, March 21, 2000
- "Fair Lending: An FTC Perspective"
Orson Swindle, Remarks at the National Home Equity Mortgage Association's Annual Conference 2000, Hyatt Grand Cypress Resort, Orlando, Florida, March 18, 2000
- "Internet Issues Facing Consumers/Citizens"
Orson Swindle, Panel Discussion at the 2000 Global Internet Summit. Center For Performing Arts, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, March 14, 2000
- "Truth In Advertising In Telecommunications And Electricity"
Sheila F. Anthony, before The National Association Of Regulatory Utility Commissioners, Washington, D.C., March 6, 2000
- "The Nature and Limits of Restructuring in Merger Review"
Robert Pitofsky, before the Cutting Edge Antitrust Conference, New York, N.Y., February 17, 2000
- "Standard Setting in a Network Economy"
David A. Balto, before Cutting Edge Antitrust Law Seminars International, New York, NY, February 17, 2000
- "U.S. Implementation of the OECD E-Commerce Guidelines"
Mozelle W. Thompson, before the Transatlantic Consumer Dialogue, February 12, 2000
- "Privacy on the Internet: The Evolving Legal Landscape"
Debra A. Valentine, before Santa Clara University February 11-12, 2000
- "Electronic Commerce and Beyond: Challenges of the New Digital Age"
Robert Pitofsky, before The Woodrow Wilson Center Sovereignty in the Digital Age Series, Washington, D.C., February 10, 2000