Speeches -- 2001
- Merger Enforcement in a World of Multiple Arbiters
Timothy J. Muris, before Brookings Institution, Roundtable of Trade and Investment Policy, Washington, D.C., December 21, 2001 [PDF 47K]
- The FTC's Consumer Protection Agenda: Continuity and Change
J. Howard Beales, before the Promotional Marketing Association Annual Meeting, December 5, 2001
- Competition and Intellectual Property Policy: The Way Ahead"
Timothy J. Muris, prepared remarks of before American Bar Association, Antitrust Section Fall Forum, Washington, DC, November 15, 2001
- A Comment on Merger Enforcement in the United States and in the European Union
Thomas B. Leary, prepared remarks before the Transatlantic Business Dialogue Principals Meeting, Washington, D.C., October 11, 2001
- Protecting Consumers' Privacy: 2002 and Beyond
Timothy J. Muris, remarks at The Privacy 2001 Conference, Cleveland, Ohio, October 4, 2001
- "One World, One Privacy"
Mozelle W. Thompson, before the 23d International Conference of Data Protection Commissioners, Paris, La Sorbonne, 26 September 2001
Orson Swindle, National POW/MIA Recognition Day, Arlington National Cemetery, September 21, 2001
- Antitrust Issues in the Settlement of Pharmaceutical Patent Disputes, Part II
Thomas B. Leary, before the American Bar Association Antitrust Healthcare Program, in Washington, D.C., on May 17, 2001, and to be published in the December 2001 edition of the Journal of Health Law.
- Antitrust Enforcement at the Federal Trade Commission: In a Word -- Continuity
Timothy J. Muris, before the American Bar Association Antitrust Section Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinios, August 7, 2001
Sheila F. Anthony, article written July 2001
Orson Swindle, to the Customer Relationship Education Project Dialogue, Center for Information Policy Leadership at Hunton & Williams, Atlanta, Georgia, June 27, 2001
- Robert Pitofsky: Public Servant and Scholar
Timothy J. Muris, before the Second Annual Conference, American Antitrust Institute, Washington, D.C., June 12, 2001
- The Need for Objective and Predictable Standards in the Law of Predation
Thomas B. Leary, before the Steptoe & Johnson and Analysis Group/Economics 2001 Antitrust Conference Washington, D.C., May 10, 2001
- State Auto Dealer Regulation: One Man's Preliminary View
Thomas B. Leary, before the International Franchise Association 34th Annual Legal Symposium, Washington, D.C, May 8, 2001, and also published in the ABA's Franchise Law Journal, Vol. 21, No. 2, Fall 2001, at 65.
- "The Patent-Antitrust Interface"
Thomas B. Leary, based on a speech before the American Bar Association's Section of Antitrust Law Program, "Intellectual Property and Antitrust: Navigating the Minefield," Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 3, 2001.
- The Midwest Gasoline Investigation
Jeremy Bulow, before the University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, April 17, 2001
- Between Competition and Cooperation--Changing Business-to-Business Relations
Orson Swindle, before the 8th World Business Dialogue, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany, 4 April 2001
- Report from the Bureau of Competition
Molly S. Boast, before the American Bar Association, Antitrust Section, Spring Meeting 2001, Washington, D.C. , March 29, 2001
- Unfairness and the Internet
Thomas B. Leary, this essay (which is based on a speech given by the Commissioner on April 13, 2000, at the Wayne State University Law Review's "Unfair Practices and the Internet" Symposium) is an article soon to be published in Volume 46:4 of the Wayne State Law Review.
- Antitrust and Intellectual Property: Unresolved Issues at the Heart of the New Economy
Robert Pitofsky, before the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology at the University of California, Berkeley, March 2, 2001
- Washington State Senate: Identity Theft Statement
Charles Harwood, before the Committe on Labor, Commerce and Financial Institutions, Washington State Senate, Olympia, Washington, January 29, 2001
- The Significance of Variety in Antitrust Analysis
Thomas B. Leary, this essay (which is based on a speech given by the Commissioner on May 18, 2000, before the Steptoe & Johnson 2000 Antitrust Conference) is an article soon to be published at 68 Antitrust Law Journal 1007 (2001).