Speeches -- 1999
- "Antitrust Law As A Balancing Act"
Thomas B. Leary, before the Tenth Annual Seattle Computer Law Conference, Seattle, Washington, December 17, 1999
- "Enforcement Cooperation Among Antitrust Authorities"
John J. Parisi, before the IBC UK Conferences Sixth Annual London Conference on EC Competition Law, London, England, 19 May 1999 (Updated October 2000)
- Abuse of Dominance in Relation to Intellectual Property: U.S. Perspectives and the Intel Cases
Debra A. Valentine, before Israel International Antitrust Conference, Sheraton Hotel & Towers Tel Aviv, Israel, November 15, 1999
- "Emerging Antitrust Issues in Electronic Commerce"
David A. Balto, 1999 Antitrust Institute, Distribution Practices: Antitrust Counseling in the New Millennium. Columbus, Ohio, November 12, 1999
Orson Swindle, before the American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Workshop on "Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances: The New Federal Antitrust Competitor Collaboration Guidelines", J.W. Marriott Hotel, Washington, D.C., November 12, 1999
- "Joint Venture Guidelines: Views from One of the Drafters"
Robert Pitofsky, Remarks before ABA/ Section of Antitrust Law
Workshop: Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances: The New Federal Antitrust Competitor Collaboration Guidelines, Washington, D.C., November 11 & 12, 1999
- "An FTC Commissioner Looks at Internet Privacy"
Orson Swindle, Privacy In American Business Conference, Arlington, VA, November 9, 1999
- "A Common Sense Approach To High Tech"
Orson Swindle, Continuing Legal Education Program Sponsored by Pillsbury Madison, San Diego, CA, November 4, 1999
- "Some Policy Perspectives on the Taxation of Cyberspace"
Orson Swindle, Address to the Federalist Society, Silicon Valley Lawyers Chapter and Corporations Practice Group, Palo Alto, CA, November 2, 1999
- "The Effect of Global Trade on United States Competition Law and Enforcement Policies"
Robert Pitofsky, before Fordham Corporate Law Institute, 26th Annual Conference on International Antitrust Law & Policy, New York City, October 15, 1999
- "Taxation of E-Commerce"
Orson Swindle, Address to the Browning Symposium, University of Montana, October 15, 1999
- Global Mergers: Trade Issues and Alliances in the New Millenium
Debra A. Valentine, Remarks before The 10th Annual OWIT Trade Conference, Hosted by The Association of Women in International Trade, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., October 4-5, 1999
- "What Are We Learning from the Microsoft Case?"
Orson Swindle, Remarks before the Federalist Society, September 30, 1999
- "Global Merger Enforcement"
Richard G. Parker, before the International Bar Association, Barcelona, Spain. September 28, 1999
- "The Internet Economy and What It Can Mean for Hawaii"
Orson Swindle, Remarks before Small Business Hawaii, August 24, 1999
- "E-Commerce: Tomorrow's Economy -Taxing and Regulating The Old Fashion Way"
Orson Swindle, Remarks before the Georgia Public Policy Forum, August 11, 1999
- Enforcement Cooperation
Debra A. Valentine, Lex Mundi, Atlanta, GA., August 8, 1999
Sheila F. Anthony, before the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee, Subcommittee on Communications, July 27, 1999
- "Cyberspace and the FTC: Some Current Matters of Interest"
Orson Swindle, Address to the National Conference on State Legislatures, July 26, 1999
Sheila F. Anthony, before the U.S. House of Representatives, Subcommittee on Telecommunications, Trade, and Consumer Protection, July 13, 1999
- Prepared Statement of the Federal Trade Commission Concerning H.R. 1304 the "Quality Health-Care Coalition Act of 1999"
Robert Pitofsky, before The Committee on the Judiciary, United States House of RepresentativesAppendix of FTC Cited Cases
- The Influence of Violent Entertainment Material on Kids: What is to be Done?
Robert Pitofsky, June 25, 1999
Orson Swindle, before Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce, June 22, 1999
Orson Swindle, before The Plenary Session of the Annual Meeting of The Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers, Bally's Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, May 24, 1999
Orson Swindle, before the Direct Marketing Association Government Affairs Conference, May 6, 1999
- "Antitrust in a Global High-Tech Economy"
Debra A. Valentine, before American Bar Association, Law Practice Management Section, Women Rainmakers and The Women's Bar Association of the District of Columbia, The 8th National Forum for Women Corporate Counsel, The Westin Grand Hotel, Washington, D.C., April 30, 1999
- "Report from the Bureau of Competition"
William J. Baer, before the ABA Spring Meeting, Washington, D.C. (April 15, 1999)
- "The State Tobacco Settlements and Antitrust"
Jeremy Bulow, before the American Bar Association Antitrust Spring Meeting, Omni Hotel, Washington, DC, April 1999
- "Regulation of Privacy on the Internet: Where Do You Want to Go Today?"
Orson Swindle, address to the Reston Chamber of Commerce, April 8, 1999
Mozelle W. Thompson,before the Association for Computing Machinery "Computers, Freedom + Privacy 1999" Conference April 7, 1999
Mozelle W. Thompson, before the International Conference on Consumer Policy
sponsored by the Japanese Economic Planning Agency March 11, 1999
- "A Big Stick, a Keen Eye, and Some Help from Our Friends"
Sheila F. Anthony, before the American Advertising Federation March 25, 1999
- "Antitrust Analysis in High-Tech Industries: A 19th Century Discipline Addresses 21st Century Problems"
Robert Pitofsky, before American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law's Antitrust Issues in High-Tech Industries Workshop, Scottsdale, Arizona, February 25-26, 1999
- "A Common Sense Approach to High Tech"
Orson Swindle, for Pillsbury Madison & Sutro, Antitrust Program, Quadrus Conference Center, Menlo Park, California, February 23, 1999
Orson Swindle, before Aggressive Advertising and the Law Workshop, Sponsored by Business Development Associates, Inc., Marriott Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco, California, February 22, 1999
Mozelle W. Thompson, before International Electronics Manufacturers and Consumers of America, Workshop on International Antitrust Policy, Washington, DC, February 10, 1999