Michael A. Salinger, Director, Bureau of Economics
- Economics Supporting the Twin Missions of the FTC, American Bar Association 55th Antitrust Spring Meeting,
Breakfast with the Bureau Directors, JW Marriott Hotel, Washington, DC, April 20, 2007
- Concluding Remarks for Energy Markets in the 21st Century: Competition Policy in Perspective,
Washington, DC, April 12, 2007
- Prepared Remarks on the Relationship between Antitrust and Regulation and on the Effects-Based Analysis,
Presented before the Jevons Society, University College of London,
United Kingdom, February 21, 2007.
- The Legacy of Matsushita: Has this Thing Called Economics Gotten Way Out of Hand?
Presented at Matsushita at 20, Loyola University School of Law, Institute for Consumer Antitrust Studies, Chicago,
September 29, 2006.
- Looking for the Keys Under the Lampost: Insights from Economics into Standards for Unilateral Conduct
ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Economics and Section 2 Committees BrownBag, Washington, DC, FTC Conference Center, July 24, 2006
- Introduction of Ben Stein
Bureau Director's Seminar, June 21, 2006
- Consumer Protection Economics at the FTC
Prepared remarks for the Chief Economist Roundtable at the International Industrial Organization Conference,
Boston, MA, April 8, 2006
- Assessing Whether What We Know is So
Presentation before the American Bar Association, 54th Antitrust Law Spring Meeting, Breakfast with the Bureau Directors,
JW Marriott Hotel, Washington, DC, March 31, 2006.
- Moneyball and Price Gouging
Boston Bar Association, Antitrust Committee, Boston, MA, February 27, 2006.
- Treatment of Efficiencies in Merger Enforcement
Prepared remarks before the Antitrust Modernization Commission, November 17, 2005
- Can Economics Bridge the Atlantic? Monopolization Under Section 2, Dominance Under Article 82, and Fouls in Football George Mason University Fall 2005 Antitrust Symposium, Washington, DC, September 20, 2005
- Four Questions About Horizontal Merger Enforcement
American Bar Association Antitrust Section Economics Committee Brown Bag Presentation, Washington, DC., September 14, 2005
- Is It Live Or Is It Memorex? Models of Vertical Mergers and Antitrust Enforcement
Association of Competition Economics (ACE) Seminar on Non-Horizontal Mergers, Competition Commission, London, UK, September 7, 2005, and Fondation Universitaire, Brussels, Belgium September 8, 2005
- Challenges in Identifying Anticompetitive Dominant Firm Behavior
Before the National Economic Research Associates (NERA) 2005 Antitrust and Trade Regulation Seminar, Santa Fe, New Mexico, July 7, 2005.